This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of Worland, WY! Wyoming Sugar Company has been processing and manufacturing sugar beets since 1917. With this opportunity, you will be responsible for the electrical work throughout the facility, ensure quality and quantity of products, while meeting of company standards of excellence. This position reports to the Facility Manager and Maintenance Manager.
- Participate in root cause and corrective actions to process chokepoints.
- Installation of conduit, wire, electrical boxes, lighting, and switches in a neat correct manner and to NEC code.
- Be a safety leader with solid safety behaviors and demonstrated leadership while working with others to achieve the site safety plan’s goal of being a zero-injury workplace.
- Be able to read and interpret electrical schematics for the plant.
- Requires multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills-enter, retrieve, and analyze data.
- Perform all electrical programming on all production equipment and buildings keeping them in proper operating condition.
- Assist in mechanical or fabrication projects when the need arises.
- Handle all PLC installations, upgrades, program changes and keep backup programs for all processors and HMI’s.
- Plan and execute projects with minimal guidance.
- Parts ordering.
- Inspection of all newly installed and preexisting equipment to ensure safe and proper work was completed.
- Maintaining electrical instruments, understanding 480volt-3 phase power motor control systems, PLC’s and interlocks.
- Trouble shooting and repairing electrical equipment, reading electrical blueprints, running conduit and pulling wire.
- Ensure compliance with local and national electrical codes and regulations
Competencies and Skill Set:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an electrician
- Proficient in reading and interpreting electrical schematics and blueprints
- Experience working with high voltage systems is preferred
- Familiarity with local and national electrical codes and regulations
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Knowledgeable of electrical nominal voltages of 24VDC, 110 VAC through 480 VAC 3 phase.
- Knowledgeable of AC and DC industrial control systems and VFD’s
- Basic troubleshooting of Motor Control Centers, switch gears, thermal overloads, and motor starters.
- Basic knowledge & understanding of the Company’s quality program including BRC, GMP & HACCP programs.
- Basic knowledge of the Company’s environmental programs including Title V (air quality), NPDES (wastewater discharge) and SPCC (spill prevention & hazardous materials).
- Able to lift, bend, walk and climb stairs
- Able to work in varying temperatures from below zero to above 100°F
- Able to lift over 50 lbs.
Note: Wage BOE. This wage is the lower-tier rate for Electrician (Tech II).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $21.72 per hour
Review blueprints, plan, install, and maintain piping for Wyoming Sugar Company, a sugar processing
facility. This is a full time, dayshift position. Benefits package includes paid vacation, health insurance,
401K with company contribution, and more.
We are supported by the local Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union, AFL_CIO, CLC and Affiliate Local 279G.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Join our team at Wyoming Sugar Company for the 2023-2024 Campaign Season!
Now hiring for all campaign positions! During Campaign, our employees are processing the sugarbeets into granulated sugar. Starting wage of $16 per hour, room for advancement, potential for year-round status. We have multiple positions from General Laborers to Heavy Equipment Operators to Welders.
For more information, contact HR: (307) 347-3261 ext.106
Pre-employment drug screen required.